A Message from Principal Chavez
Dear Parents and Students,
On behalf of the faculty, staff and administration, welcome to the 2015-2016 school year. We are proud to serve the 2,000 students that attend our school. In 24 years of operation, Cathedral City High School continues to grow in all areas of academic, athletic and extra-curricular life highlighted by consistent growth. I credit our seventh consecutive year of Academic Performance Index growth to our hardworking staff and outstanding students. In addition to the following list of ongoing programs at CCHS, we are very proud to be an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
- The Advancement Via Individual Determination Academy (AVID)
- The Health and Environmental Academy of Learning (HEAL)
- The Digital Arts and Technology Academy (DATA)
- The Math, Engineering and Science Achievement Program (MESA)
- The Skills USA Program
- The Future Health Professionals Program (HOSA)
- Construction Engineering
- The LINK Crew
- The California Scholarship Federation
- The award winning Choral and Instrumental Music Programs
- Outstanding Athletic Teams
- The ROTC Leadership Program
- An outstanding Theater Department
- An amazing Associated Student Body Leadership Program
The goal of CCHS is to continue to develop the existing programs on our campus and to constantly strive to add new ideas on our campus for the benefit of our students.
Thank you to the Cathedral City Community for always supporting the Lions.
2015/2016 Important Dates
SENIOR PARENT MEETING #2: Tuesday 4/26 Lounge 7 pm – 8pm
SPRING MUSICAL: “Copacabana” 4/28, 4/29 and 4/30. Show starts at 7pm every night with a Saturday Matinee Show on 4/30 at 1 pm. General Admission $5 and Seniors and Students $3
COLLABORATION SCHEDULE: School Starts at 9:35am every wednesday, except 6/8.
MINIMUM DAYS: 5/20, 6,7, 6/8, 6/9. Classes end at 12:36 p.m.