A Message from Principal Chavez
Dear Parents and Students,
On behalf of the faculty, staff and administration, welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. We are proud to serve the 1,700 students that attend our school. In 26 years of operation, Cathedral City High School continues to grow in all areas of academic, athletic and extra-curricular life highlighted by consistent growth. I credit our continued academic growth to our hardworking staff and outstanding students. In addition to the following list of ongoing programs at CCHS, we are very proud to be an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
- The Advancement Via Individual Determination Academy (AVID)
- The Health and Environmental Academy of Learning (HEAL)
- The Digital Arts and Technology Academy (DATA)
- The Math, Engineering and Science Achievement Program (MESA)
- The Skills USA Program
- The Future Health Professionals Program (HOSA)
- Construction Engineering
- The LINK Crew
- The California Scholarship Federation
- The award winning Choral and Instrumental Music Programs
- Outstanding Athletic Teams
- The ROTC Leadership Program
- An outstanding Theater Department
- An amazing Associated Student Body Leadership Program
The Ballet Folklorico Program
The goal of CCHS is to continue to develop the existing programs on our campus and to constantly strive to add new ideas on our campus for the benefit of our students.
Thank you to the Cathedral City Community for always supporting the Lions.
2018 Important Dates
NO SCHOOL: VETERAN’S DAY – Monday, November 12th
THANKSGIVING BREAK: Monday, November 19th – Friday, November 23rd
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL: Thursday, November 29th at 3:10 pm
SEE’S CANDY FUNDRAISER ENDS: Friday, November 30th
LION’S PRIDE: Thursday, December 4th at 5 pm at CCHS Library
FALL SPORTS AWARDS NIGHT: Wednesday, December 5th at 7 pm in the CCHS Gym
GRAD GEAR/CLASS RING SALE: Friday, December 7th during Lunch in front of Student Store
NOTE TO PARENTS & CCHS STUDENTS:
Food delivery to students is strictly prohibited from Uber Eats, Postmates, Grubhub, Dominos or other Restaurants. Food may only be delivered directly by parents. Thank you.
Queda estrictamente prohibido la entrega de comida a alumnos de sitios como Uber Eats, Postmates, Grubhub, Dominos u otros restuarantes. La comida solo puede ser entregada directamente por padres. Gracias.